POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [feature suggestion] exponential blobs : [feature suggestion] exponential blobs Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  [feature suggestion] exponential blobs
From: Matthias Hullin
Date: 23 Jun 2003 04:48:24
Message: <3ef6bed8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I recently experimented a bit with isosurface and blob objects. This is what
I got:

http://matthias.hullin.net/bilder/blobtest.gif

The upper series consists of exponential blobs, which I generated using the
isosurface object. To me, it looks much smoother, kind of "more organic"
than the linear blobs shown below.

What about adding an "exponential" keyword to the blob object? All it would
have to do is toconvert the objects in a suitable function and then
calculate the isosurface.

(But probably I'm not the first one with that idea.)

All the best,
Matthias